It’s false! I’m not working against Buhari–Atiku
NEWS DIGEST–Atiku Abubakar’s Media Adviser, Paul Ibe, has said there is nothing on record to validate that Atiku is working against Buhari.
He stated that the Peoples Democratic Party had already responded on possible threat to Atiku.
In an interview with Punch on Saturday, he declined to respond on when the speculated $30,000 was paid.
Ibe said, “There is nothing on record that Atiku Abubakar is working against Buhari.
“I am not responding to the claim that Atiku paid money to a US firm but I can tell you that there is nothing beyond this government. There is absolutely nothing beyond them.
“I am aware that the PDP has responded on possible arrest or clamp down on Atiku. We want to remain focused on what is germane now and it is a legal challenge. The campaign season is over. The election has come and gone, the incumbent has been handed an electoral victory that was predicated on robbery.
“We have proceeded to the Election Petition tribunal to make a challenge. That is where we are, the court should be allowed to make a determination on the veracity of what we have put before them and what the other parties have responded to. That is what is important to us. We will not be distracted from that.
“On when the alleged money was paid, you cannot tell me what I do not know about. I am not responding to that.”
The PDP National Working Committee had on Thursday accused the All Progressives Congress and the Muhammadu Buhari administration of engaging in plots to set up Atiku.
It stated that no amount of fabrications, attempts at set-up as well as veiled and open threats allegedly by the APC-led Federal Government could stop Atiku from reclaiming his mandate at the tribunal.