At least two persons have been reported dead, with over 20 others seriously injured in a gas explosion in Ajegunle, Ajeromi Ifelodun Local Government Area of Lagos State.
The incident happened at Aduke Street, late Tuesday, eyewitnesses said.
The PM News quoted the Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu, as confirming the incident.
Oke-Osanyintolu reportedly added that two children were burnt to death in the incident.
He said, “Upon arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a gas cylinder store had exploded as a result of gas leakage.
“Further investigations revealed that the fire was ignited as a result of a call being made by an unidentified resident near the gas retailing shop.
“The fire escalated to other nearby shops and a bungalow behind the shops.
“Unfortunately, two children (male and female) lost their lives and multiple burn casualties were recorded — 23 in number,” he said.
Oke-Osanyintolu disclosed that all the casualties were being evacuated to the Burn Unit, Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos.